Travel, events & speeches of Klaus F. Zimmermann
- 10; 10-12:Lisbon, Portugal. 29th EBES conference.
- 5; 29-31: Coventry, UK. 28th EBES conference.
- *1; 14-18: University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Visiting Professor and Seminar.
- 1; 9-11: Bali, Indonesia. 27th EBES conference.
- 1; 4-6: ASSA 2018; Atlanta, USA. Research and business meetings. Kuznets Prize 2019 of the Journal of Population Economics.
- 12; 19-21: Mumbai, India. 60th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE). Conference participation. Details.
- 12; 13-15: Seoul, South Korea. Paper presentation at the Asian and Australasian Society of Labour Economics (AASLE) 2018 Conference.
- 12; 8-9: Xiamen University, Xiamen, China. Keynote Speech at the 2018 International Symposium on Contemporary Labor Economics.
- 12; 3-5: Kigali, Rwanda. African Economic Conference 2018, a collaborative annual event hosted by the African Development Bank, Economic Commission for Africa, and the United Nations Development Program on the topic: “Regional and Continental Integration for Africa’s Development”. Panel Speaker.
- 11; 29-30: Arbeitskreis Europäische Integration e.V. , Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik Berlin. Speech (in German) about “Motivation von Migration: Wer emigriert warum?“ (Who migrates why?). Annual Meeting, Darmstadt/Germany
- 11; 28-29: European Investment Bank (EIB), Luxembourg. Speaker in the high-level EIB-ECB (European Central Bank) conference on “Investment, Technological Transformation and Skills”.
- 11; 18-21: Örebro University, Örebro, Sweden. Seminar and research meetings.
- 11; 9-14: Baku, Azerbaijan. Visit of the Institute of Global Economic Problems, speeches and local contacts.
- 10-11; 31-2: Hong Kong/China. FOM-KAS-GLO Joint Research Conference. “Climate Change and Human Responses.” Speaker and Co-organizer.
- 10; 20-21: Renmin University of China, Beijing/China. Conference on “The Chinese Labor Market”. Keynote speech.
- 10; 8-31: Renmin University of China, Beijing/China. Visiting Professor.
- 07; 05-06: Raiffeisenlandesbank Oberösterreich, Linz/Austria. Panel contribution about the role of labor mobility for social cohesion. The 45th Economics Conference of the Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) with the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (WKO).
- 07; 03-04: Swedish Collegium for Advanced Study in Uppsala/Sweden. Annual Class Meeting of Social and Related Sciences (Class A2) of the Academia Europea (AE). Report.
- 06; 26-28: UNU-MERIT, Maastricht/Netherlands. Annual internal research conference. Presentation of two research papers. Details. Report.
- 06; 18-20: Sintra, Portugal. Conference center Penha Longa Resort. ECB Forum on Central Banking on “Price and Wage – Setting in Advanced Economies” organized by the European Central Bank. Panel speech. More details. Background paper for panel speech: GLO DP 230.
- 05; 29: UNU-MERIT & Maastricht University. Public PhD defense. Committee member. Announcement. Reporting.
- 05; 23-25: FOM University, Berlin/Germany. 25th Conference of the Eurasia Business and Economics Society (EBES). Further information can be found here: Conference call; EBES Fellow Award; GLO Activities; Highlights EBES.
- 05; 16: Cologne, Germany. FOM University Cologne Study Center. Appointment ceremony of GLO Fellow Alexander Spermann to FOM Professor. Participation. Report in German. Report in English.
- 04; 18: UNU-MERIT, Maastricht. Migration Seminar about “The Economics of Walls and Fences”. Seminar speech. Report.
- 3; 11-20: Guangzhou/China; Jinan University; Research and contact visit. Career seminar. GLO-IESR workshop participation and paper presentation. Public Policy Lecture on European Migration. Debate with Editor of “Social Science in China”. Debate with Dean & GLO Fellow Shuaizhang Feng on unemployment.
- 03; 28: UNU-MERIT, Maastricht. Report. Research visit.
- 03; 1-2: St Petersburg/Russia. Paper presentation at the Second International Labour Forum of the Government of St Petersburg. Paper presentation.
- 02; 27: Vienna, Austria. Panel event DIE WEIS[S]E WIRTSCHAFT about the migration and integration policy of the new Austrian government. Panel participation. Announcement. Detailed report and analysis of the policy in English. Report and Video of the event.
- 02; 26: Vienna, Austria. Conference of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber on the “The European Labor Market – between Unemployment and Shortages of Skilled Labor”. Speech on “Challenges and Chances of the free European Mobility of Workers” and participated on a Plenary Panel about the labor markets of Austria, Poland and Romania. Outline and report in English. Background interview with the “Salzburger Nachrichten”.
- 02; 21-22: Glasgow/Scotland. University of Strathclyde. Contacts and Research Seminar presentation.
- 02; 14-17: Nicosia and University of Cyprus. Evaluation Committee and Research visit. Report.
- 02; 9: Washington, DC; USA. Inter-American Development Bank (IDB). Workshop on Latin America. Participation. Report.
- 02; 8: Washington, DC; USA. Kuznets Prize 2018 Dinner of the Journal of Population Economics. Report.
- 01; 5-7: Allied Social Sciences Associations (ASSA), in Philadelphia, USA. Report.