GLO President Klaus F. Zimmermann has a history of three decades of collaborations with Chinese academic researchers, has published frequently in Chinese and is since 2006 a Honorary Professor at Renmin University of China in Beijing. During his recent visit to Beijing from December 5 – 12, he first provided a keynote speech to a large international conference on “Vocational Education and Training Development” and spoke at the “Second GLO – Renmin University of China Conference on Labor Economics” (First Day && Second Day). He took office at Renmin University of China, and provided a number of seminar presentations to top Beijing Universities and met a number of researchers for research talks:
- December 9, Renmin University of China: Seminar on “Publishing in Top Research Journals” with a large group of participants including Deputy Dean and GLO Fellow Zhong Zhao, and GLO Fellows & Professors Liqiu Zhao and Xianqiang Zou.
- December 9, Renmin University of China: Meeting with GLO Fellow & Renmin Professor Xiangquan Zeng and his research team discussing a seminar presentation of Shuai Chu.
- December 10, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences: Seminar speech on “Arsenic in Drinking Water: Health Challenges and Responses” with a large group of participants including host Academia Europaea Member & Professor Desheng Wu and many members of his research team.
- December 10, Beijing Normal University (BNU): Seminar speech on “Economic Preferences Across Generations” with a large group of participants including host and GLO Fellow & Professor Chunbing Xing, GLO Fellow & Professor Shi Li (Zhejiang University) and many faculty professors and students of the BNU Business School.
- December 11, Peking University, China Center for Agricultural Policy: Seminar speech on “Global Labor Challenges & the B&R Initiative” with a large group of participants including host and GLO Fellow & Professor Hongmei Yi and many faculty professors and students .
December 9, Renmin University of China
December 10, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
December 10, Beijing Normal University
December 11, Peking University