The Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University, China, is organizing on the 8-9 December the 2018 International Symposium on Contemporary Labor Economics together with the Institute for Economic and Social Research (IESR) of Jinan University, and the Department of Economics of the Chinese University of Hong Kong. The purpose of this Symposium is to facilitate the exchange of ideas between Chinese and international scholars on labor economics.
Klaus F. Zimmermann, President of the Global Labor Organization (GLO) will support the event as one of the keynote speakers. He has spoken before at Xiamen University in 2006 and 2009; 2006 together with Richard Freeman and Junsen Zhang at the first 2006 International Symposium on Contemporary Labor Economics.
The eminent keynote speakers of this year are:
- Richard Freeman (Harvard University)
- Paola Giuliano (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Carsten Holz (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology)
- Craig McIntosh (University of California, San Diego)
- Paul Oyer (Stanford University)
- Junsen Zhang (Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- Klaus F. Zimmermann (Global Labor Organization, UNU-MERIT & Maastricht University )
Junsen Zhang and Paola Giuliano are also GLO Fellows.