- Research on Economic Preferences: Klaus F. Zimmermann will present in the UNU-MERIT Research Symposium, May Event Series, on Monday 16 May, 2022.
- Agenda: Confidential and legal access to abortion and contraception in the United States. New research from the Journal of Population Economics by Caitlin Knowles Myers
- Sunday morning visitor: Fox in my home garden
- Stronger external religiosity associates with smaller risky behaviors like smoking, drinking & drugs in Orthodox Romania. Research paper published freely accessible.
- Economic preferences across generations in a development country setting. New research accepted for publication in the Journal of Political Economy.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Category Archives: Wirtschaft
Some public debate has been concerned about declining growth and secular stagnation with negative consequences for jobs and earnings. A new discussion paper takes a global, long-run perspective on the recent debate about secular stagnation, which has so far mainly … Continue reading
Klaus F. Zimmermann, Wirtschaftsprofessor der Universität Bonn und Ko-Direktor des POP ( Centre for Population, Development and Labour Economics) an UNU-MERIT (Maastricht), forscht derzeit an der Harvard Universität. Beim 11. Kölner wirtschaftspolitischen Dialog diskutierte er am 6. 7. 2016 unter … Continue reading
On his recent lecture and information tour through Europe, Klaus F. Zimmermann (Harvard University and UNU-MERIT) has visited Brussels on July 4-5, 2016 to discuss the future of Europe with representatives from the EU Commission and local researchers and scientists. … Continue reading
In a contribution about “An EU disintegration after Brexit is not a likely possibility” recently published in The International Economy, Spring 2016, 26-27, as part of a set of articles of prominent public individuals, Klaus F. Zimmermann (Center for European … Continue reading
“Werden wir Zeugen einer digitalen Revolution, die unsere Arbeitswelt schon bald auf den Kopf stellt? Wir können nicht mit Sicherheit sagen, wie unsere Arbeitswelt von morgen aussehen wird, aber der Wandel ist da. Heute produziert das größte Medienunternehmen der Welt … Continue reading
Middlebury College: On April 16, 2016, a Symposium on “The Economics of Skin Tone, Gender, Ethnicity, and Diaspora“ took place under the direction of Professor Phanindra V. Wunnava of Middlebury College. Everybody enjoyed the high quality presentations and the discussions. … Continue reading
On April 11 – 12 2016, the Enlighten H2020 AGORA Forum organized four panels on EU governance issues at Boston University and Harvard University under the theme “Efficiency & Legitimacy of Crisis-born European Modes of Governance”. Klaus F. Zimmermann (Harvard … Continue reading
News 15/2016 Sir Partha S. Dasgupta, Member of the Section “Economics, Business and Management Science” of the Academica Europaea, The Academy of Europe, has been awarded the 2016 John and Alice Tyler Prize of the University of Southern California. Sir … Continue reading
Labor Supply and Taxation Richard Blundell Edited by Andreas Peichl and Klaus F. Zimmermann Oxford University Press has announced that the book can now be ordered and will be published on May 17, 2016. The work of 488 pages was … Continue reading