- Research conference: GLO Berlin 2024, April 18-20. Submission deadline: February 29.
- Recent Research Publications
- Global Insights: EU free movement of people under threat: Is the mobility growth engine stuttering?
- Work, concert, party in Medellin – Colombia
- Klaus F. Zimmermann elected Senator and Section Chair of Economics and Social Sciences of Leopoldina
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Tag Archives: #Mental health
Mental Health, Schooling and Genetic Predisposition: June GLO Discussion Paper of the Month and other June GLO Research Papers
Does schooling attenuates the genetic predisposition to poor mental health. The GLO Discussion Paper of the Month of June 2019 provides some empirical support, but the findings are not robust. GLO Discussion Papers are research and policy papers of the GLO Network which are … Continue reading
Internal migration affects the emotional health of elderly parents left-behind in China. New research published in the Journal of Population Economics.
A new study examines how migration of an adult child affects the emotional health of elderly parents left-behind in China. It finds that migration reduces happiness and leads to more loneliness among the elderly. Read more in: Juliane Scheffel & … Continue reading