- Research conference: GLO Berlin 2024, April 18-20. Submission deadline: February 29.
- Recent Research Publications
- Global Insights: EU free movement of people under threat: Is the mobility growth engine stuttering?
- Work, concert, party in Medellin – Colombia
- Klaus F. Zimmermann elected Senator and Section Chair of Economics and Social Sciences of Leopoldina
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Tag Archives: #Brexit
#Brexit has become a cliffhanger! But both most likely outcomes of the challenge may also bring long-term chances.
Many people think that a leave of the UK from the European Union is something like the largest mistake in a lifetime after decades of European integration efforts. Still there is hope that the Brits could correct the decision in … Continue reading
After the Brexit vote: Martin Kahanec of the Central European University of Budapest analyzes the consequences for the European continent, and Eastern Europe in particular.
Stability in a dramatic phase of instability: Theresa May remains Prime Minister in a parliamentary vote the day after she has experienced “the largest defeat for a sitting government in history” on her Brexit deal with the EU in the British … Continue reading
A majority of 230 votes in the British Parliament has rejected the Brexit deal of Theresa May with the EU late evening of Tuesday (January 15, 2019). This has been called by BBC as “the largest defeat for a sitting … Continue reading
The Brexit deal of Theresa May with the EU was rejected by the UK MPs late evening of Tuesday (January 15, 2019) by a majority of 230 votes. Two hours after the decision, prominent economist Nauro Campus provided us with … Continue reading