- Sir Partha S. Dasgupta, Member of the Section “Economics, Business and Management Science” of the Academica Europaea, The Academy of Europe, has been awarded the 2016 John and Alice Tyler Prize of the University of Southern California.
- Sir Richard Blundell, Member of the section “Economics, Business and Management Science” of the Academica Europaea, The Academy of Europe, has been awarded the 2016 Nemmers Prize in Economics of Northwestern University.
- Klaus F. Zimmermann participated in two panels of the Enlighten H2020 AGORA Forum organized on April 12, 2016 at Boston University under the theme “Efficiency & Legitimacy of Crisis-born European Modes of Governance” hosted by Vivien Schmidt of Boston University. The themes of the two panels were (i) “The fast-burning Eurozone crisis and global shifts in monetary policies & economic regulation” and (ii) “The slow-burning crisis in EU economic governance and the global debates on macro-economic policies”.
- On April 16, 2016 Klaus F. Zimmermann will be a keynote speaker at the Middlebury College Symposium on “The Economics of Skin Tone, Gender, Ethnicity, and Diaspora“. The presentation is on “Diaspora Economics: Global Challenges and Perspectives”.
Preview: Further activities of Klaus F. Zimmermann
- April 19, 2016; Seminar chair and introduction of Miriam Meckel, Editor-in-Chief of the “Wirtschaftswoche”. Seminar on “European Enlightenment Values at Stake:
Why Individualized Information is Dangerous” at the Center for European Studies, Harvard University.
- April 19 – 20, 2016; visit of Columbia University.
- April 21 – 23, 2016; visit of Yale University.