- Son preference and education inequalities. A new paper published in the Journal of Population Economics.
- Child care costs, household liquidity constraints, and gender inequality. A new paper published in the Journal of Population Economics.
- The darkest days in Europe since WWII continue.
- Understanding the labour market costs of motherhood: A new paper published in the Journal of Population Economics
- Cognitive Misperception and Chronic Disease Awareness: Evidence from Blood Biomarker Data
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Category Archives: Sport
Dressing up for the Carnival: My time as “Manuel Neuer”.
February 8, 2023: Opinion Piece. Global Insights – MyView Dressing up for carnival becomes increasingly challenging. While migrants are often requested to assimilate to absorb the identity of the host country, assimilating temporarily becomes more and more politically incorrect. Dressing up … Continue reading
More goals, fewer babies? On national teams’ performance and birth rates
A new GLO Discussion Paper finds that an increase in national teams’ performance in international cups is associated with a drop in birth rates nine months after the event. GLO Discussion Paper No. 860, 2021 More goals, fewer babies? On … Continue reading
Bonn Snowperson. January 17, 2021.
Easter holidays 2019 II: Bonn
Easter Monday, April 22, 2019. Hiking in the Seven Mountains nearby Bonn.
Easter holidays 2019 I: Dresden
April 18-21, 2019. Visit of the Semperoper including the “Zauberflöte” (The Magic Flute) of Mozart; Frauenkirche, Hofkirche, Zwinger, historical walking tour, et al.; walk alongside the river Elbe to the Loschwitz Bridge, better known as the “Blue Wonder” due to … Continue reading
Christmas at Miami Beach
Spannung und Wettbewerb in der Fußballbundesliga
Der FC Bayern München ist ein Fußballverein mit einem der besten Teams der Welt. In der laufenden Bundesligasaison siegen sie sich wieder von Spiel zu Spiel, erreichten mit 46 Punkten souverän die Herbstmeisterschaft, sieben Punkte Vorsprung auf den Hauptrivalen der … Continue reading
Posted in Economics, Sport Leave a comment