- Son preference and education inequalities. A new paper published in the Journal of Population Economics.
- Child care costs, household liquidity constraints, and gender inequality. A new paper published in the Journal of Population Economics.
- The darkest days in Europe since WWII continue.
- Understanding the labour market costs of motherhood: A new paper published in the Journal of Population Economics
- Cognitive Misperception and Chronic Disease Awareness: Evidence from Blood Biomarker Data
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Tag Archives: #public beliefs
Now Out in the Journal of Population Economics: How dreams matter for migration
Posted on July 10, 2019 by admin
The article provides evidence that countries with stronger beliefs that hard work leads to a higher social status (the ‘American Dream’) attract a higher proportion of high-skilled immigrants. Read more in: Claudia Lumpe: “Public beliefs in social mobility and high-skilled … Continue reading →
Posted in Research | Tagged #public beliefs, #social mobility, #social status, Migration | Comments Off on Now Out in the Journal of Population Economics: How dreams matter for migration