Klaus F. Zimmermann, Professor Emeritus of Bonn University, Co-Director POP at UNU-MERIT, Maastricht, and Honorary Professor Maastricht University, has been appointed Visiting Professor at the Faculty of Economics & Administration of the University of Malaya for his forthcoming March visit to Malaysia. He will provide academic lectures and debate research issues with colleagues and students at the University of Malaya (UM), Kuala Lumpur, and the Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS), Kota Kinabalu. Zimmermann, who is also the President of the Global Labor Organization (GLO), will also introduce this large academic network and promote the Journal of Population Economics, which he is directing as Editor-in-Chief. He will discuss research initiatives with GLO Fellow M. Niaz Asadullah, (UM), who is also the GLO South -East Asia Research Cluster Lead.
- March 10-17, 2019: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. University of Malaya (UM). Klaus F. Zimmermann is Visiting Professor at UM. The detailed program in Malaysia is what follows:
- March 12: Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia. Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS).
Klaus F. Zimmermann provides the public University Silver Jubilee Lecture on “Global Labor Economics: Challenges and Benefits” and a public Seminar on “Publishing in Good Journals”.
- March 13: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. University of Malaya (UM). Joint GLO -UM public Seminar on “Introducing GLO – Pushing the Research Frontier on Labor and Human Resources Issues”
- March 14: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. University of Malaya (UM). Joint GU- World Bank Research Seminar of Klaus F. Zimmermann on “Economic Preferences Across Generations“.
- March 15: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. University of Malaya (UM). Klaus F. Zimmermann provides a public Seminar on “Publishing in Good Journals”.
M. Niaz Asadullah & Klaus F. Zimmermann in 2018 at Jinan University, Guangzhou, China.