The President of the Global Labor Organization (GLO), Klaus F. Zimmermann (UNU-MERIT, Maastricht University & Bonn University) is currently on a contact tour through Europe for talks, research seminar presentations and policy debates.
- February 14 – 17, 2018: Nicosia and the University of Cyprus. See for more details.
- February 21-22, 2018: Glasgow/Scotland and the University of Strathclyde. Contacts and Research Seminar presentation of Zimmermann on Arsenic water consumption and wellbeing in Bangladesh on the invitation of GLO Fellow Robert Wright and Markus Gehrsitz.
- February 26, 2018: Austrian Federal Economic Chamber, Vienna/Austria: Conference on the “The European Labor Market – between Unemployment and Shortages of Skilled Labor”. Zimmermann gave a speech on “Challenges and Chances of the free European Mobility of Workers” and participated on a Plenary Panel about the labor markets of Austria, Poland and Romania. Many interactions, among others with Christoph Leidl, the President of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber, and GLO Fellow Rainer Münz (European Political Strategy Centre, European Commission, Brussels).
- February 27, 2018: Policy Panel in Vienna/Austria of DIE WEIS[S]E WIRTSCHAFT in the Press Center Concordia on Migration and Integration Policy of the new Austrian Government. Panel organized by GLO Fellow Peter Brandner. Zimmermann discusses among others with GLO Fellow Robert Holzmann.
- March 1 -2, 2018: St Petersburg/Russia. Zimmermann speaks on the Second International Labour Forum of the Government of St. Petersburg on “The design of effective labor market policies“.
Zimmermann in a taxi in Glasgow on his way to the airport.