- Does asking about citizenship increase labor survey non-response? A new paper published in the Journal of Population Economics.
- The long-term effect of wartime social networks: evidence from African American Civil War veterans, 1870–1900. Just published in the Journal of Population Economics.
- Conscription and educational outcomes. Just published in the Journal of Population Economics.
- Who’s afraid of immigration? The effect of economic preferences on tolerance. Just published in the Journal of Population Economics.
- The impact of sodomy law repeals on crime. Just published in the Journal of Population Economics.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Category Archives: Events
Dressing up for the Carnival: My time as “Manuel Neuer”.
February 8, 2023: Opinion Piece. Global Insights – MyView Dressing up for carnival becomes increasingly challenging. While migrants are often requested to assimilate to absorb the identity of the host country, assimilating temporarily becomes more and more politically incorrect. Dressing up … Continue reading
Impressions from EBES 42
January 12-14, 2023. Lisbon, Portugal. 42th EBES HYBRID conference. Conference Program: LINK Day 2: Friday, January 13, 2023 Ends;
Klaus F. Zimmermann: Season’s Greetings!
Enjoy happy, relaxing & healthy holidays! **> Beyond the bitter experiences with the war in the Ukraine.**> Remember the many successes achieved. **> Thanks for all the ongoing support! **> Best wishes for the New Year!**> Stay in touch in … Continue reading
Scholz visit to strengthen mutual trust. Opinion Piece in “China Daily” of November 4, 2022.
The pros and cons of the one-day trip of German Chancellor Olaf Scholz are heavily debated at home and globally. Is this a good move after the “Zeitenwende” caused by the Russian aggression in the Ukraine? In an opinion piece … Continue reading
EBES 41 in Berlin has started co-organized with FOM & GLO
41st EBES Conference – Berlin takes place on October 12th, 13th, 14th, 2022 in Berlin, Germany. The event is jointly organized in Hybrid Mode (in-person on October 12 only) with the Global Labor Organization (GLO) and in collaboration with the … Continue reading
UNU-MERIT Internal Conference (September 29-30, 2022) in Maastricht
Participating at the 2022 UNU-MERIT Internal Conference (September 29-30) in Maastricht. Klaus F. Zimmermann presenting joint work at the conference with Shu Cai on Social Assimilation and Labor Market Outcomes of Internal Migrant Workers Panel with Lili Wang, Nanditha Mathew, … Continue reading
EALE Padova 2022, September 8-11.
EEA-ESEM Milan 2022
EEA-ESEM Milan 2022: LINK Ends;
Touring the Black Forest: Feldberg & Titisee Ends;
EDITORS’ PANEL SESSION at the 40th EBES Conference
During the EBES 40 Conference (6-8 July 2022) in Istanbul and hybrid, an Editor’s Panel Session on July 6 discussed publication issues in research journals. 4 Editors-in-Chief exchanged views and answered questions from the local and worldwide audience moderated by … Continue reading