Society of Government Economists Annual Conference 2016
- Washington, DC. May 13, 2016. Organized by the US “Society of Government Economists” (SGE), the annual conference took place at the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) in Washington DC. Program
- The very successful conference with a remarkable set of excellent paper presentations and a large audience was opened by President Amelie Constant (Temple University) in the Janet Norwood Conference Center of BLS. The local organizer was Susan D. Fleck (Bureau of Labor Statistics). Recent elections had confirmed the SGE Board in office, including the second re-election of President Amelie Constant, who will be in office for her third period until 2017.
- The keynote speaker was John Abowd (Census Bureau and Cornell University), who spoke about “The Fate of Empirical Economics When All Data Are Private“. The slides of his amazing lecture can be found here (with permission).
John Abowd and President Amelie Constant
- At the conference, Klaus F. Zimmermann (Harvard University and UNU-MERIT) had presented papers on:
- “Left Behind but Doing Good? Civic Engagement in Two Post-Socialist Countries” with Milena Nikolova (IZA) and Monica Roman (Bucharest University). More info here.
- “The European Refugee Crisis: Policy Challenges and Perspectives“ More info here.
John Abowd and Klaus F. Zimmermann