- “International Migration Encourages Social and Political Change” …. and other fresh research from the GLO Global Network. All GLO research papers freely accessible.
- Farewell Kuala Lumpur: Thanks for a great visit! GLO President has left Malaysia and reached Guangzhou in China.
- Publishing in good journals: Large interest among University of Malaya (UM) scholars in a seminar with UM Visiting Professor Klaus F. Zimmermann
- EBES President Klaus F. Zimmermann meets Noor Azina Ismail of the University of Malaya and Jonathan A. Batten of Universiti Utara Malaysia during his tenure as Visiting Professor at the University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur.
- GLO President and Visiting Professor of the University of Malaya (UM), Klaus F. Zimmermann, spoke in a joint UM – World Bank Seminar on the Transfer of Economic Preferences Across Generations
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Category Archives: Research
Anti-Minaret Votes and Migrants’ Location Choices in Switzerland – GLO Discussion Paper of the Month January 2019 and other GLO Discussion Papers in January
The new GLO Discussion Paper of the Month from January 2019 explores the vote on the Swiss minaret initiative in 2009 as a natural experiment to identify the effect of newly revealed reservations towards immigrants on their location choices. The … Continue reading
The WageIndicator, Pauline Osse, the WageIndicator Foundation and all the teams in the participating countries celebrate 20 years of successful activities around the globe. The Glabor Labor Organization (GLO), affiliated with WageIndicator, takes this opportunity to congratulate a great institution that … Continue reading
28th EBES Conference. May 29-31, 2019 in Coventry, United KingdomHosted by the Centre for Financial and Corporate Integrity (CFCI), Coventry University. Supported by the Global Labor Organization (GLO) Interested researchers are cordially invited to submit abstracts or papers for presentation … Continue reading
The Faculty of Economic Sciences and Business Administration within Transilvania University of Brasov, in collaboration with the Institute for Economic Forecasting of the Romanian Academy cordially invites you to submit research papers for presentation and discussions at the third edition … Continue reading
Dorothea Schäfer is the new Editor-in-Chief of the Eurasian Economic Review. Interview with her about her publication perspectives in the area of labor economics.
As of January 2019, the Eurasian Economic Review (EAER) has a new Editor-in-Chief, Dorothea Schäfer. EAER is one of the flagship journals of the Eurasia Business and Economics Society (EBES), which partners with the Global Labor Organization (GLO). Under the … Continue reading
Issue 2019/1 of the Journal of Population Economics is published: Please see for the Table of Content: Volume 32, Issue 1, January 2019 The Lead Article is about: Migration as an adjustment mechanism in the crisis? A comparison of Europe … Continue reading
Issue 2019/1 of the Journal of Population Economics is published: Please see for the Table of Content: Volume 32, Issue 1, January 2019 The article in the new issue Immigration restrictions and second-generation cultural assimilation: theory and quasi-experimental evidence By … Continue reading
The Kuznets Prize Paper of the Journal of Population Economics was announced and given at the #ASSA2019 meeting in Atlanta. The Award Study shows that a rise in the disease risk increases the total fertility rate and the number of … Continue reading
The Global Labor Organization (GLO) announces a new Research Cluster on Development, Health, Inequality and Behavior and a new Country Lead for Switzerland. The GLO Research Cluster Lead for Development, Health, Inequality and Behavior is Kompal Sinha. She is a … Continue reading
January 4-6, GLO President Klaus F. Zimmermann, UNU-MERIT Maastricht, had visited the #ASSA2019 conference in Atlanta. The conference enables also networking with a larger number of publishers who are available for discussion with their journals and books in a specific … Continue reading