- “International Migration Encourages Social and Political Change” …. and other fresh research from the GLO Global Network. All GLO research papers freely accessible.
- Farewell Kuala Lumpur: Thanks for a great visit! GLO President has left Malaysia and reached Guangzhou in China.
- Publishing in good journals: Large interest among University of Malaya (UM) scholars in a seminar with UM Visiting Professor Klaus F. Zimmermann
- EBES President Klaus F. Zimmermann meets Noor Azina Ismail of the University of Malaya and Jonathan A. Batten of Universiti Utara Malaysia during his tenure as Visiting Professor at the University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur.
- GLO President and Visiting Professor of the University of Malaya (UM), Klaus F. Zimmermann, spoke in a joint UM – World Bank Seminar on the Transfer of Economic Preferences Across Generations
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Category Archives: New Book
Ambassador Alfredo Toro Hardy & GLO President Klaus F. Zimmermann interact on the ‘Crossroads of Globalization’ for Latin America
In October 2017, they have both spent a month together as prestigious Resident Scholars in the legendary Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Center in Bellagio/Italy. Their major task: To think, debate, interact and write in a larger group of scientists from various … Continue reading
Two Fellows of the Global Labor Organization (GLO) have just published a new study on “Wealth and Homeownership: Women, Men and Families” with the prominent publisher Palgrave Macmillan. In this timely book, Mariacristina Rossi and Eva Sierminska analyze the complex … Continue reading
Das Nacheinander-Prinzip zur Gestaltung von Familie und Beruf: Neues Buch und ein Interview zur Zukunft der Arbeit
Zwar hat sich die Lebenserwartung der Frau in den vergangenen fünfzig Jahren um fünfzehn Jahren verlängert und sie hat sich von vielen gesellschaftlichen Fesseln befreit. Doch ist der Fluch des Fortschritts eine immer größere Belastung in ihrer Lebensmitte: “Einen Partner … Continue reading
The Editors of the Journal of Population Economics are also editing the Springer book series in “Population Economics”. Researchers working on human resources issues are invited to send book proposals to the publisher at Springer, Martina Nolte-Bohres (Martina.Nolte-Bohres@springer.com). The Global … Continue reading
Zimmermann discusses migration and aging issues at the ARC Center of Excellence in Population Aging Research in Sydney. During his longer research and lecture journey through most larger Australian cities, Klaus F. Zimmermann (Co-Director of POP at UNU-MERIT & Maastricht … Continue reading
Defending Openness: GLO President Zimmermann Meets MP Andrew Leigh in Canberra for an Exchange of Views.
On December 8, 2017, Klaus F. Zimmermann, President of the Global Labor Organization (GLO) met Andrew Leigh, Member of the Australian Federal Parliament, in his office in Canberra to discuss the merits of openness for Australia and the World, and … Continue reading
Understanding Latin America: GLO Fellow, Venezuelan Diplomat and Scholar Alfredo Toro Hardy provides the decoding guide!
NEWLY PUBLISHED THIS WEEK: Venezuelan Diplomat and Scholar Alfredo Toro Hardy, Fellow of the Global Labor Organization (GLO), explains Latin America in his new book (Understanding Latin America. A Decoding Guide, World Scientific, 2017). From afar, Latin America looks like … Continue reading