- “International Migration Encourages Social and Political Change” …. and other fresh research from the GLO Global Network. All GLO research papers freely accessible.
- Farewell Kuala Lumpur: Thanks for a great visit! GLO President has left Malaysia and reached Guangzhou in China.
- Publishing in good journals: Large interest among University of Malaya (UM) scholars in a seminar with UM Visiting Professor Klaus F. Zimmermann
- EBES President Klaus F. Zimmermann meets Noor Azina Ismail of the University of Malaya and Jonathan A. Batten of Universiti Utara Malaysia during his tenure as Visiting Professor at the University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur.
- GLO President and Visiting Professor of the University of Malaya (UM), Klaus F. Zimmermann, spoke in a joint UM – World Bank Seminar on the Transfer of Economic Preferences Across Generations
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Monthly Archives: September 2018
Two Fellows of the Global Labor Organization (GLO) have just published a new study on “Wealth and Homeownership: Women, Men and Families” with the prominent publisher Palgrave Macmillan. In this timely book, Mariacristina Rossi and Eva Sierminska analyze the complex … Continue reading
The 25th Conference of the Eurasia Business and Economics Society (EBES) took place on May 23-25, 2018 in Berlin/Germany. It was jointly organized with the Global Labor Organization (GLO) and hosted by the FOM University of Applied Sciences in their … Continue reading
GLO is the Global Labor Organization; Klaus F. Zimmermann is the GLO President. Zimmermann will participate and speak at the forthcoming 2018 conferences (see below for more details): at Renmin University (October 20-21) and visit Beijing for most of October; … Continue reading
European leaders still do not find a proper response to the refugee issue. Nevertheless, Europeans wish to help those fleeing violence and war.
EU leaders again failed to reach progress on the burden sharing allocation of refugees across member states in their meeting in Salzburg this week (19-20/09/2018). Nevertheless, Europeans are more open to help those fleeing violence and war than in other … Continue reading
New research forthcoming in the Journal of Population Economics finds: Having family members abroad is associated with greater well-being of those staying behind! Milena Nikolova, Carol Graham, and Artjoms Ivlev: Emigration, remittances, and the subjective well-being of those staying behind … Continue reading
Sexual orientation and school-age & workplace bullying: A GLO research paper reveals facts & implications for job satisfaction
Just announced by GLO. The GLO Discussion Paper of the Month for August 2018 deals with the important societal challenge of BULLYING, a serious and long-lasting problem in particular for school aged children. The GLO study confirms the relevance, the correlation … Continue reading