- More Europe is needed to meet the future challenges of the continent in the globalized world. Report on a book presentation in Berlin by Maastricht University Professor & GLO Fellow Jo Ritzen.
- April 10, 2019. Return Migration Improves Social Norms; see the GLO Discussion Paper of the Month of March. And all GLO Discussion Papers of March 2019 for free.
- Book Presentation in Berlin on Friday, April 5: A Second Chance for Europe? Jo Ritzen, former Vice President of the World Bank, Dutch Minister for Education and President of Maastricht University presents his ideas about the future of Europe.
- Study on Intergenerational Transmission of Education: It matters for migrants where they live. GLO study forthcoming in JEBO.
- New Book on Linking Research to Policy Advice to Bridging the Gaps for a Better World & Other Studies on Populism.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Monthly Archives: August 2018
Bad news for alcohol consumers: As a new study just published in The Lancet finds, the optimal quantity for health is zero. Alcohol use is a leading risk factor for death and disability. Drinking does not pay for health at … Continue reading
The Global Labor Organization (GLO) has recently appointed three new top staff members: Danny Blanchflower, Professor, Dartmouth College, prominent social media influencer. Additional Research Director at GLO: MORE INFORMATION GLO Policy Director Azita Berar Awad. Azita has been previously the Director … Continue reading
Gender -based violence is a very serious but under-researched issue. See Defining Gender-Based Violence for a better understanding. Facts and Figures against women. Researchers affiliated with the Global Labor Organization (GLO) have now provided scientific papers to respond to this challenge. … Continue reading
Women in political power? The chart below provided by statista on the basis of World Bank data shows the proportion of seats held by women in national legislatures in 2017. Rwanda is leading this ranking with 61% compared with India … Continue reading
Call for papers for a special issue of the International Journal of Manpower on: “Sexual Orientation and the Labor Market“. For Details: GLO Website. Journal Website. Submissions will be accepted from now on until March 30, 2019. The issue is … Continue reading
In all over October 2018, Klaus F. Zimmermann, President of the Global Labor Organization (GLO) and UNU-MERIT & Maastricht University will be Visiting Professor at the famous Renmin University of China, Beijing. Since 2006 Zimmermann is Honorary Professor of the … Continue reading
Reminder: Submission Deadline is August 15 for Conference on the Chinese labor market in Beijing on 20-21 October 2018
The School of Labor and Human Resources at Renmin University of China (Beijing) and the Global Labor Organization (GLO) announce the creation of a new conference series on issues related to the Chinese labor market. The first event will take … Continue reading
Just announced by GLO. The GLO Discussion Paper of the Month of July 2018 with a free download can be accessed here: Goel, Deepti & Deshpande, Ashwini, 2018. “Social Identity and Perceived Income Adequacy,” GLO Discussion Paper No. 232, Global … Continue reading