- More Europe is needed to meet the future challenges of the continent in the globalized world. Report on a book presentation in Berlin by Maastricht University Professor & GLO Fellow Jo Ritzen.
- April 10, 2019. Return Migration Improves Social Norms; see the GLO Discussion Paper of the Month of March. And all GLO Discussion Papers of March 2019 for free.
- Book Presentation in Berlin on Friday, April 5: A Second Chance for Europe? Jo Ritzen, former Vice President of the World Bank, Dutch Minister for Education and President of Maastricht University presents his ideas about the future of Europe.
- Study on Intergenerational Transmission of Education: It matters for migrants where they live. GLO study forthcoming in JEBO.
- New Book on Linking Research to Policy Advice to Bridging the Gaps for a Better World & Other Studies on Populism.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Monthly Archives: February 2018
The President of the Global Labor Organization (GLO), Klaus F. Zimmermann (UNU-MERIT, Maastricht University & Bonn University) is currently on a contact tour through Europe for talks, research seminar presentations and policy debates. February 14 – 17, 2018: Nicosia and … Continue reading
Call for Papers 25th EBES Conference – Berlin May 23-25, 2018 Berlin, Germany Jointly organized with the GLO (The Global Labor Organization) and hosted by the FOM University of Applied Sciences Deadline: February 28, 2018 www.ebesweb.org You are cordially invited … Continue reading
Marriage Delays and Earnings: Insights from an Interview with Professor Le Wang of the University of Oklahoma
The prestigious 2018 Kuznets Prize of the Journal of Population Economics has been awarded to Chunbei Wang and Le Wang of the University of Oklahoma. The prize has been presented at a recent event of the Global Labor Organization (GLO) … Continue reading
On his way back to Cologne from his visit to Cyprus, GLO President Klaus F. Zimmermann had to relax during an unplanned overnight stay in Munich February 17 to 18. Caused by heavy snowfall, his connection flights were canceled twice. … Continue reading
In evaluation missions, #GLO President Klaus F. Zimmermann (UNU-MERIT, Maastricht University & Bonn University) has visited Nicosia and its University of Cyprus on February 14 – 17, 2018 for intensive talks and learning. He has also been frequently on both … Continue reading
Back from Washington DC — now meeting with GLO friends in the Cologne-Bonn region. Cologne Carnival 2018 dates. Ends;
Migration between South America and the United States has become an issue of rising interest. In this context, a project supported by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) has highest importance that investigates, documents and analyzes the international migration dynamics in … Continue reading
The Kuznets Prize is a prestigious scientific award given by the Journal of Population Economics for the best paper published in the Journal. The Kuznets Prize 2018 has been awarded to Chunbei Wang and Le Wang of the University of … Continue reading
The Kuznets Prize 2018 will be awarded to Chunbei Wang and Le Wang of the University of Oklahoma. The prize will be given at a dinner event of the Global Labor Organization (GLO) in Washington DC on February 8, 2018. GLO … Continue reading
Facts or myth? Lazy Greeks, hard working Germans or Americans? Japanese facing death from overwork – “karoshi”? The facts provide a different picture. The OECD – based chart below shows the share of workers in 2015 working 60 or more … Continue reading