- More Europe is needed to meet the future challenges of the continent in the globalized world. Report on a book presentation in Berlin by Maastricht University Professor & GLO Fellow Jo Ritzen.
- April 10, 2019. Return Migration Improves Social Norms; see the GLO Discussion Paper of the Month of March. And all GLO Discussion Papers of March 2019 for free.
- Book Presentation in Berlin on Friday, April 5: A Second Chance for Europe? Jo Ritzen, former Vice President of the World Bank, Dutch Minister for Education and President of Maastricht University presents his ideas about the future of Europe.
- Study on Intergenerational Transmission of Education: It matters for migrants where they live. GLO study forthcoming in JEBO.
- New Book on Linking Research to Policy Advice to Bridging the Gaps for a Better World & Other Studies on Populism.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Monthly Archives: December 2017
Migration and Wellbeing: Video and Photos from the Zimmermann Lecture at Macquarie University now available
In November 2017, Klaus F. Zimmermann (Co-Director of POP at UNU-MERIT & Maastricht University & President of the Global Labor Organization, GLO) has been a Visiting Professor at Macquarie University in Sydney/Australia. On November 22, he provided a well-received Public Lecture … Continue reading
Dear Friends and Contacts: Back in Bonn from a two months exciting trip through Australia. Happy holidays and best wishes for the New Year! Klaus F. Zimmermann, UNU-MERIT, Maastricht; GLO President Sydney/Australia Near-by the Waterfront; 12 December 2017. Globalists at … Continue reading
Der Bonner Wirtschaftswissenschaftler Klaus F. Zimmermann (Prof. em. der Universität Bonn und Ko-Direktor von POP an UNU-MERIT in Maastricht und Honorarprofessor der Universität Maastricht) ist am 19. Dezember 2017 von einer zweimonatigen Forschungs- und Vortragsreise durch die Universitäten Australiens nach … Continue reading
Klaus F. Zimmermann (Co-Director of POP at UNU-MERIT & Maastricht University), had been granted the prestigious Australian Eminent Research Scholar Award. He was resident in November and December 2017 at The Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research of … Continue reading
GLO President Klaus F. Zimmermann (UNU-MERIT and Melbourne University) met researchers on December 14 at Monash University for academic exchange. Yves Zenou (Monash University and GLO) in his office. Asad Islam and Yves Zenou (both Monash University and GLO) … Continue reading
The Asian and Australasian Society of Labour Economics (AASLE) was created to promote research and cooperation in Labour and Applied Economics across Asia and Australasia. The inaugural conference of the AASLE brought together from 7-9 December 2017 over 400 researchers … Continue reading
The 28th Australian Labour Market Research (ALMR) Workshop brought together high-quality labour economic research that engages actively with policy makers. The workshop took place on 6-7 December 2017 at The Realm Hotel, 18 National Circuit Barton, Canberra, Australia. The event … Continue reading
As part of his travel during his tenure as Eminent Scholar and Visiting Professor at Melbourne University and Macquarie University, Klaus F. Zimmermann (Co-Director of POP at UNU-MERIT & Maastricht University & President of the Global Labor Organization, GLO) has … Continue reading
During his tenure as Eminent Scholar and Visiting Professor at Melbourne University and Macquarie University, Klaus F. Zimmermann (Co-Director of POP at UNU-MERIT & Maastricht University & President of the Global Labor Organization, GLO) has also been in Adelaide. He … Continue reading
Zimmermann discusses migration and aging issues at the ARC Center of Excellence in Population Aging Research in Sydney. During his longer research and lecture journey through most larger Australian cities, Klaus F. Zimmermann (Co-Director of POP at UNU-MERIT & Maastricht … Continue reading