- More Europe is needed to meet the future challenges of the continent in the globalized world. Report on a book presentation in Berlin by Maastricht University Professor & GLO Fellow Jo Ritzen.
- April 10, 2019. Return Migration Improves Social Norms; see the GLO Discussion Paper of the Month of March. And all GLO Discussion Papers of March 2019 for free.
- Book Presentation in Berlin on Friday, April 5: A Second Chance for Europe? Jo Ritzen, former Vice President of the World Bank, Dutch Minister for Education and President of Maastricht University presents his ideas about the future of Europe.
- Study on Intergenerational Transmission of Education: It matters for migrants where they live. GLO study forthcoming in JEBO.
- New Book on Linking Research to Policy Advice to Bridging the Gaps for a Better World & Other Studies on Populism.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Monthly Archives: October 2017
Future of CEU, the Budapest – based international university, is further uncertain: Letter of Rector Michael Ignatieff
The Global Labor Organization (GLO) and its President, Klaus F. Zimmermann, have supported the Central European University (CEU) in the struggle for scientific independence. See the GLO – CEU event recently in Budapest, among others. Now the Rector of CEU, … Continue reading
The Faculty of Economic Sciences and Business Administration within the Transilvania University of Brasov, in collaboration with the Bucharest-based Institute for Economic Forecasting within the National Institute for Economic Research “Costin C. Kiritescu” of the Romanian Academy had organized on … Continue reading
Auf Anfrage der Frankfurter Allgemeinen Zeitung (FAZ) stellte Prof. Dr. Klaus F. Zimmermann (GLO-Präsident, Universität Bonn und UNU-MERIT, Maastricht) fest: Braucht Deutschland das neue Einwanderungsgesetz? Das von der Union geplante Fachkräfte-Einwanderungsgesetz ist nötig, um die kurz- und langfristigen Bedarfe im … Continue reading
Klaus F. Zimmermann (President of the Global Labor Organization, GLO, and Co-Director POP at UNU-MERIT) is a Rockefeller Policy Fellow 2017. He just spent several weeks in September and October at the legendary Rockefeller Bellagio Center. See for further pictures. … Continue reading
Zimmermann is a 2017 Rockefeller Foundation Policy Fellow. He is currently visiting the Bellagio Center to execute research, engage in discussions and provide seminars and lectures. The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program offers distinguished academics, artists, thought leaders, policymakers, and … Continue reading