- “International Migration Encourages Social and Political Change” …. and other fresh research from the GLO Global Network. All GLO research papers freely accessible.
- Farewell Kuala Lumpur: Thanks for a great visit! GLO President has left Malaysia and reached Guangzhou in China.
- Publishing in good journals: Large interest among University of Malaya (UM) scholars in a seminar with UM Visiting Professor Klaus F. Zimmermann
- EBES President Klaus F. Zimmermann meets Noor Azina Ismail of the University of Malaya and Jonathan A. Batten of Universiti Utara Malaysia during his tenure as Visiting Professor at the University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur.
- GLO President and Visiting Professor of the University of Malaya (UM), Klaus F. Zimmermann, spoke in a joint UM – World Bank Seminar on the Transfer of Economic Preferences Across Generations
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Monthly Archives: September 2017
Call for papers for a special issue of the International Journal of Manpower on: “Sexual Orientation and the Labor Market” Edited by Nick Drydakis (Anglia Ruskin University, University of Cambridge, IZA, and GLO) and Klaus F. Zimmermann (UNU-MERIT, Maastricht University, … Continue reading
The Faculty of Economic Sciences and Business Administration within Transilvania University of Brasov, in collaboration with the Institute for Economic Forecasting within the National Institute for Economic Research “Costin C. Kiritescu” of the Romanian Academy organizes the International Conference „Inclusive … Continue reading
The very successful last World Congress of the International Economic Association (IEA) took place June 19-23, 2017 in Mexico city with a large number of GLO Fellows attending. Among them were IEA President Kaushik Basu, Jackie Wahba, Corrado Giulietti, Martin … Continue reading
The Central European University (CEU) in Budapest has been under threat recently. The Global Labor Organization (GLO) and Klaus F. Zimmermann as the President of the GLO have supported the CEU with declarations and events. At the occasion of the Opening … Continue reading
A book launch of ‘A Second chance for Europe: Economic, Political and Legal Perspectives of the European Union’, edited by Prof. Jo Ritzen. The event will take place at the Maastricht University Campus Brussels on Wednesday 22 November 2017, in … Continue reading
On September 18, 2017, GLO Fellow John P. Haisken-DeNew of Melbourne University has visited POP at UNU-MERIT and presented a paper in the UNU-MERIT/School of Governance Seminar at noon on: Unawareness and Selective Disclosure: The Effect of School Quality Information … Continue reading
During November and December 2017, Klaus F. Zimmermann (UNU-MERIT and President of the Global Labor Organization (GLO) will be affiliated with Melbourne University after having received the prestigious Australian Eminent Research Scholar Award. Melbourne has just been marked the World’s … Continue reading
International Conference “People Matter: Quality of Life and Population Wellbeing in Post-Transition Economies” organized by the Kyiv School of Economics and VoxUkraine on September 14-15, 2017 in Kyiv in Ukraine. Available: full program of the conference. The organizing committee of … Continue reading
How Property Prices are Affected by School Quality: GLO Fellow Haisken-DeNew speeks at UNU-MERIT on September 18.
GLO Fellow John P. Haisken-DeNew of Melbourne University will visit POP at UNU-MERIT on September 18, 2017. He will present a paper in the UNU-MERIT/School of Governance Seminar at noon (12:00 – 13:00) on: Unawareness and Selective Disclosure: The Effect … Continue reading
On 15 September 2017, Michaella Vanore follows Alessio Brown as Managing Editor of the Journal of Population Economics. In this role she supports the Editor-in-Chief, Klaus F. Zimmermann. The Journal of Population Economics published by Springer Nature is affiliated with … Continue reading