- “International Migration Encourages Social and Political Change” …. and other fresh research from the GLO Global Network. All GLO research papers freely accessible.
- Farewell Kuala Lumpur: Thanks for a great visit! GLO President has left Malaysia and reached Guangzhou in China.
- Publishing in good journals: Large interest among University of Malaya (UM) scholars in a seminar with UM Visiting Professor Klaus F. Zimmermann
- EBES President Klaus F. Zimmermann meets Noor Azina Ismail of the University of Malaya and Jonathan A. Batten of Universiti Utara Malaysia during his tenure as Visiting Professor at the University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur.
- GLO President and Visiting Professor of the University of Malaya (UM), Klaus F. Zimmermann, spoke in a joint UM – World Bank Seminar on the Transfer of Economic Preferences Across Generations
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Monthly Archives: August 2017
The 28th Australian Labour Market Research (ALMR) Workshop showcases high-quality labour economic research that engages actively with policy makers. The workshop will be held on 6-7 December 2017 at The Realm Hotel, 18 National Circuit Barton, Canberra, Australia. The event … Continue reading
School Quality and Property Prices: GLO Fellow John Haisken-DeNew of Melbourne University at UNU-MERIT, Maastricht
On his forthcoming trip through Europe, GLO Fellow John P. Haisken-DeNew of Melbourne University will visit POP at UNU-MERIT on September 18, 2017. He will exchange his recent research and present a paper in the UNU-MERIT seminar at noon on: … Continue reading
In a major breakthrough, FOM – University of Applied Sciences and GLO have decided to collaborate and have already started a few joint initiatives! FOM has joined the large number of global organizations supporting the GLO. FOM – University of … Continue reading
The Experimental Economics Lab presents the 1st International Scientific Conference on Economics in a Changing World. Keynote speakers Joshua Angrist (MIT), Alan B. Krueger (Princeton University) and Henry Farber (Princeton University) together with a larger number of contributed papers are … Continue reading
Among the large number of scientific organizations, societies, academies of sciences, institutes and think-tanks, in economics some prominent networks are the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR), the Institute for the Study of … Continue reading
Klaus F. Zimmermann (Co-Director of POP at UNU-MERIT & Maastricht University; President of the Global Labor Organization (GLO), an organization engaging for evidence-based policy making), will be resident in November and December 2017 at The Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic … Continue reading
Evidence-free policy making is on the move. This is a particular challenge for the relationship between scientists and policymakers. A workshop with a high-ranked panel of scientists in Budapest engaged in policy advice and policy-making will debate this in the … Continue reading
The GLO – affiliated Eurasia Business and Economics Society (EBES) invites researchers to present their work at the 24th EBES Conference in Bangkok/Thailand on January 10-12, 2018. The event is jointly organized with the Faculty of Business Administration of Kasetsart … Continue reading
Prestigious Australian Eminent Research Scholar Award to Klaus F. Zimmermann, UNU-MERIT & Maastricht University
Klaus F. Zimmermann (Co-Director of POP at UNU-MERIT & Maastricht University), has been granted the prestigious Australian Eminent Research Scholar Award. He will be resident in November and December 2017 at The Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research … Continue reading
The Global Labor Organization (GLO) is present with a session at a conference at the University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur presenting work of GLO Fellows M Niaz Asadullah and John Piggott. Asadullah is also the GLO South-East Asia Cluster … Continue reading