- More Europe is needed to meet the future challenges of the continent in the globalized world. Report on a book presentation in Berlin by Maastricht University Professor & GLO Fellow Jo Ritzen.
- April 10, 2019. Return Migration Improves Social Norms; see the GLO Discussion Paper of the Month of March. And all GLO Discussion Papers of March 2019 for free.
- Book Presentation in Berlin on Friday, April 5: A Second Chance for Europe? Jo Ritzen, former Vice President of the World Bank, Dutch Minister for Education and President of Maastricht University presents his ideas about the future of Europe.
- Study on Intergenerational Transmission of Education: It matters for migrants where they live. GLO study forthcoming in JEBO.
- New Book on Linking Research to Policy Advice to Bridging the Gaps for a Better World & Other Studies on Populism.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Monthly Archives: July 2017
Journal of Population Economics: Volume 30 Number 4 is now available online! In this issue Original Paper The effect of child maltreatment on illegal and problematic behaviour: new evidence on the ‘cycle of violence’ using twins data Violeta Misheva, Dinand Webbink & … Continue reading
Additional GLO Heads appointed. Matloob Piracha follows Alessio J. G. Brown. Corrado Giulietti and Victoria Vernon join the GLO Management Board.
The GLO Management Board now consists out of Corrado Giulietti, Matloob Piracha, Victoria Vernon and Klaus F. Zimmermann. Alessio J. G. Brown joins the GLO Advisory Board together with Martin Kahanec, Paulien Osse, John P. Haisken-DeNew and Franz Peter Lang. … Continue reading
On September 1, the Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies (AIAS) & the WageIndicator Foundation will organize their 2017 Annual Conference on “Wages in Global Perspective: Monitoring Wages Worldwide through WageIndicator“. AIAS and the WageIndicator Foundation are partner institutions of … Continue reading
The Global Labor Organization (GLO) supports the annual conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE) and the associated Indian Journal of Labour Economics. Both are partner institutions of the GLO. CALL FOR PAPERS 59th ISLE Annual Conference, 16-18 … Continue reading
The International Network of Business & Management Journal Editors (INBAM) brings together experienced journal editors and world class researchers. The Global Labor Organization (GLO) deals with the challenges related to human resources in a global context. Both organizations decided to … Continue reading
The 25th Conference of the Eurasia Business and Economics Society (EBES) will take place on May 23-25, 2018 in Berlin/Germany. It is jointly organized with the Global Labor Organization (GLO) and hosted by the FOM University in their Berlin study … Continue reading
Inequality has become again a prominent topic of global debate. A largely understudied area is the distribution of wealth. A new GLO Cluster “Labor and Wealth” of the Global Labor Organization (GLO) deals with the human resources challenges. The GLO … Continue reading
The Eurasia Business and Economics Society (EBES) was founded in early 2008 as a truly global organization. EBES brings together worldwide researchers and professionals in the areas of business and economics, encourages scholars, provides network opportunities for conference attendees to … Continue reading
Companies need to actively and positively account for the hounds of globalization – migration and digitization, issues which are core to the research efforts of the Global Labor Organization (GLO). GLO Director Alessio J.G. Brown and GLO President Klaus F. … Continue reading
The international conference of the Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management (APPAM) will take place in Brussels on 13-14 July 2017 under the theme ‘Public Policy & Governance Beyond Borders’. The event is co-hosted by MGSoG/UNU-MERIT (Maastricht University, NL) and the Maxwell … Continue reading