- More Europe is needed to meet the future challenges of the continent in the globalized world. Report on a book presentation in Berlin by Maastricht University Professor & GLO Fellow Jo Ritzen.
- April 10, 2019. Return Migration Improves Social Norms; see the GLO Discussion Paper of the Month of March. And all GLO Discussion Papers of March 2019 for free.
- Book Presentation in Berlin on Friday, April 5: A Second Chance for Europe? Jo Ritzen, former Vice President of the World Bank, Dutch Minister for Education and President of Maastricht University presents his ideas about the future of Europe.
- Study on Intergenerational Transmission of Education: It matters for migrants where they live. GLO study forthcoming in JEBO.
- New Book on Linking Research to Policy Advice to Bridging the Gaps for a Better World & Other Studies on Populism.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Monthly Archives: December 2016
Klaus F. Zimmermann, Princeton University and UNU-MERIT, Maastricht, has been granted an honorary appointment for the honorary chair “Economics and Human Resources Innovation”. As an Honorary Professor, he will be associated with the Department of Economics of the School of … Continue reading
On December 19-21, 2016, the Economics and Planning Unit at the Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi had organized its prestigious 12th Annual Conference on Economic Growth and Development. (See the conference program for further details.) At the conference, Klaus F. Zimmermann … Continue reading
Many more than 10,000 economists will soon assemble at the 2017 Annual Meeting of the American Economic Association (ASSA 2017) which will take place in Chicago, IL on January 6-8, 2017 (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday). The headquarters hotel will be … Continue reading
On December 19-21, 2016, the Economics and Planning Unit at the Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi organizes its prestigious 12th Annual Conference on Economic Growth and Development. (See the conference program for further details.) At the conference, Klaus F. Zimmermann (Princeton … Continue reading
Am 15. Dezember 2016 werden in Hamburg die neuen Wirtschaftspreise der Herz-Stiftung übergeben. Schwerpunktthema 2016 ist die Experimentelle Wirtschaftsforschung. Der Hauptpreis geht an den führenden in Deutschland forschenden experimentellen Wirtschaftsforscher Urs Fischbacher, der an der Universität Konstanz lehrt. Er verfügt … Continue reading
Europa im Fluss: Perspektiven auf Migration und kulturellen Wandel in Europa. Im Rahmen einer Ringvorlesung des Zentrums für Integrationsstudien in Kooperation mit dem Kunsthaus Dresden und dem Societaetstheater spricht Klaus F. Zimmermann, Princeton University and UNU-MERIT/Maastricht, am 6. 12. 2016 … Continue reading
ON DECEMBER 2, 2017 at BRUEGEL/BRUSSELS What does Brexit mean for the free movement of workers between the UK and the EU? Discussion meeting with Lindsey Barras (Director at PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal), Jonathan Portes (Principal Research Fellow, National Institute of Economic … Continue reading
Watch the live stream on December 5, 2016 starting 8:50 am. European Development Conference 2016 on “Migration and Development” organized by the European Development Network and the Center for Development Research (ZEF), Bonn University. The event takes place in the … Continue reading