- New research from the GLO network: Childcare in Vietnam – how Asian females perform in the labor market. And free access to all GLO research papers from May 2019.
- From walls to seawalls: Climate change is predicted to redesign the game of walls worldwide.
- June 20, 2019. GLO President Klaus F. Zimmermann spoke in a crowded research seminar at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Budapest on global labor economics.
- The Future of Europe after the European Elections. Public Debate at the Central European University, Budapest, on June 5, 2019.
- GLO President Zimmermann was visiting the Romanian National Bank in Bucharest
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Monthly Archives: August 2016
Free access to a new study by Brandon J. Restrepo just published in the Journal of Population Economics. The paper analyzes how parental investment responds to a low birth weight (LBW) outcome and finds important differences in investment responsesby maternal … Continue reading
Writing a new book in the field? Consider to publish with the Springer book series in “Population Economics” Editor-in-chief: K.F. Zimmermann with Series Editors: A. Cigno, E. Tekin, J. Zhang, and A.J.G. Brown (Ed.) For proposals and submissions contact the … Continue reading
In a new paper with Linguère Mously Mbaye we review the effects of natural disasters on human mobility or migration. Although there is an increase of natural disasters and migration recently and hence more evidence to observe, the relationship remains … Continue reading