- “International Migration Encourages Social and Political Change” …. and other fresh research from the GLO Global Network. All GLO research papers freely accessible.
- Farewell Kuala Lumpur: Thanks for a great visit! GLO President has left Malaysia and reached Guangzhou in China.
- Publishing in good journals: Large interest among University of Malaya (UM) scholars in a seminar with UM Visiting Professor Klaus F. Zimmermann
- EBES President Klaus F. Zimmermann meets Noor Azina Ismail of the University of Malaya and Jonathan A. Batten of Universiti Utara Malaysia during his tenure as Visiting Professor at the University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur.
- GLO President and Visiting Professor of the University of Malaya (UM), Klaus F. Zimmermann, spoke in a joint UM – World Bank Seminar on the Transfer of Economic Preferences Across Generations
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Monthly Archives: August 2016
Free access to a new study by Brandon J. Restrepo just published in the Journal of Population Economics. The paper analyzes how parental investment responds to a low birth weight (LBW) outcome and finds important differences in investment responsesby maternal … Continue reading
Writing a new book in the field? Consider to publish with the Springer book series in “Population Economics” Editor-in-chief: K.F. Zimmermann with Series Editors: A. Cigno, E. Tekin, J. Zhang, and A.J.G. Brown (Ed.) For proposals and submissions contact the … Continue reading
In a new paper with Linguère Mously Mbaye we review the effects of natural disasters on human mobility or migration. Although there is an increase of natural disasters and migration recently and hence more evidence to observe, the relationship remains … Continue reading