- More Europe is needed to meet the future challenges of the continent in the globalized world. Report on a book presentation in Berlin by Maastricht University Professor & GLO Fellow Jo Ritzen.
- April 10, 2019. Return Migration Improves Social Norms; see the GLO Discussion Paper of the Month of March. And all GLO Discussion Papers of March 2019 for free.
- Book Presentation in Berlin on Friday, April 5: A Second Chance for Europe? Jo Ritzen, former Vice President of the World Bank, Dutch Minister for Education and President of Maastricht University presents his ideas about the future of Europe.
- Study on Intergenerational Transmission of Education: It matters for migrants where they live. GLO study forthcoming in JEBO.
- New Book on Linking Research to Policy Advice to Bridging the Gaps for a Better World & Other Studies on Populism.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Monthly Archives: July 2016
In all over July, the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), the most important think tank of the United States, organizes its traditional NBER Summer Institute 2016. On July 27, the economists debated the value of academic institutions for economy … Continue reading
A very timely and challenging topic. Call for Research Papers (deadline October 15, 2016) for 2016 issue. High quality and fast refereeing and open access publication with no charges for authors and readers. Call for papers. Author guidelines. Polish Political … Continue reading
Research papers published or forthcoming 2016 of Klaus F. Zimmermann How Far are We from a Single European Labour Market?, International Journal of Manpower. Forthcoming 2016. (With A. Krause and U. Rinne.) Punkte machen?! Warum Deutschland ein aktives Auswahlsystem für … Continue reading
International Journal of Manpower ISSN: 0143-7720 LINK FORTHCOMING: Special Issue on: Diaspora Economics in Volume 37, No. 7, 2016 Editors: Amelie F. Constant (POP at UNU-MERIT, IZA and GLO) and Klaus F. Zimmermann (Harvard University, POP at UNU-MERIT and GLO) … Continue reading
Klaus F. Zimmermann is currently based at the Center for European Studies (CES) of Harvard University. He just returned from a lecture and information tour through Europe to advertise for his new book and to study and discuss Brexit, the … Continue reading
Klaus F. Zimmermann, Wirtschaftsprofessor der Universität Bonn und Ko-Direktor des POP ( Centre for Population, Development and Labour Economics) an UNU-MERIT (Maastricht), forscht derzeit an der Harvard Universität. Beim 11. Kölner wirtschaftspolitischen Dialog diskutierte er am 6. 7. 2016 unter … Continue reading
On his recent lecture and information tour through Europe, Klaus F. Zimmermann (Harvard University and UNU-MERIT) has visited Brussels on July 4-5, 2016 to discuss the future of Europe with representatives from the EU Commission and local researchers and scientists. … Continue reading
On his current lecture tour through Europe, Klaus F. Zimmermann (Harvard University and UNU-MERIT) participated in the conference “In a world of turmoil, what is a nation for?, the 16th edition of LES RENCONTRES ECONOMIQUES D’AIX-EN-PROVENCE (July 1-3). Created in … Continue reading