- More Europe is needed to meet the future challenges of the continent in the globalized world. Report on a book presentation in Berlin by Maastricht University Professor & GLO Fellow Jo Ritzen.
- April 10, 2019. Return Migration Improves Social Norms; see the GLO Discussion Paper of the Month of March. And all GLO Discussion Papers of March 2019 for free.
- Book Presentation in Berlin on Friday, April 5: A Second Chance for Europe? Jo Ritzen, former Vice President of the World Bank, Dutch Minister for Education and President of Maastricht University presents his ideas about the future of Europe.
- Study on Intergenerational Transmission of Education: It matters for migrants where they live. GLO study forthcoming in JEBO.
- New Book on Linking Research to Policy Advice to Bridging the Gaps for a Better World & Other Studies on Populism.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Monthly Archives: April 2016
Middlebury College: On April 16, 2016, a Symposium on “The Economics of Skin Tone, Gender, Ethnicity, and Diaspora“ took place under the direction of Professor Phanindra V. Wunnava of Middlebury College. Some pictures of the event. The videos of both … Continue reading
The 16th week of 2016 was full of remarkable exchanges. April 19, 2016: Chair of the Seminar of Miriam Meckel, Editor-in-Chief of the “Wirtschaftswoche”, at the Center for European Studies, Harvard University. See also. April 19, 2016: Spoke at dinner … Continue reading
Miriam Meckel, Editor-in-Chief of the influential German weekly economics magazine “Wirtschaftswoche”, and former Professor of Corporate Communication at the University of St Gallen, speaks on April 19, 2016 at the Center for European Studies, Harvard University. The seminar at Harvard … Continue reading
Middlebury College: On April 16, 2016, a Symposium on “The Economics of Skin Tone, Gender, Ethnicity, and Diaspora“ took place under the direction of Professor Phanindra V. Wunnava of Middlebury College. Everybody enjoyed the high quality presentations and the discussions. … Continue reading
On April 11 – 12 2016, the Enlighten H2020 AGORA Forum organized four panels on EU governance issues at Boston University and Harvard University under the theme “Efficiency & Legitimacy of Crisis-born European Modes of Governance”. Klaus F. Zimmermann (Harvard … Continue reading
News 15/2016 Sir Partha S. Dasgupta, Member of the Section “Economics, Business and Management Science” of the Academica Europaea, The Academy of Europe, has been awarded the 2016 John and Alice Tyler Prize of the University of Southern California. Sir … Continue reading
Sir Richard Blundell, the David Ricardo Professor of Political Economy at University College London, is the 2016 recipient of the prestigious Erwin Plein Nemmers prize in economics. The prize is awarded every other year in recognition of major contributions to … Continue reading
Labor Supply and Taxation Richard Blundell Edited by Andreas Peichl and Klaus F. Zimmermann Oxford University Press has announced that the book can now be ordered and will be published on May 17, 2016. The work of 488 pages was … Continue reading
In April 2016, this new Springer – book has been published: Kahanec, Martin, and Zimmermann, Klaus F. (Eds.), Labor Migration, EU Enlargement, and the Great Recession Download the product FLYER. And why it must be read: Addresses some of the … Continue reading
Move of the Journal Website The website of the Journal of Population Economics has moved. Effectively from April 1, 2016 the Journal is now supported by POP – Center for Population, Development and Labour Economics at UNU – MERIT, Maastricht. … Continue reading